Friday, June 14, 2013

First Emails!

June 11, 2013

Hola Cectpa!! that means Hello Sister :)
I've been doing great...and the MTC (Missionary Training Center) is an amazing place. Everyone said it gets easier after the first Sunday and they were right...the first few days were a bit overwhelming! I'll write more in a big email later on today! Love you all!
OH!...and the Dear Elder website thing works perfectly for writing me...cause I can get them any day and not just on my p-day (Preparation Day=one day a week missionaries take to do laundry, personal things, and in the MTC, email). They print them out and put them in our mail boxes. That's so funny that dad fell in the lake haha... hahaha.. ha.
love and miss you!
Elder Moore

June 11, 2013


Hey everyone!
Life here at the MTC is great! We've been busy day in and day out learning Russian and studying the PMG (Preach My Gospel) manual. Last week, 900 missionaries came into the MTC and that was a new record! We had like 20 some Russian missionaries come in which is also a new record. In 2 weeks we will be getting twice that number of Russians...so the missions in Russia are growing like crazy and I'll probably be a trainer by my 2nd or 3rd transfer out in the field. I love it here. My companion is Elder Lewis and he is from Utah but grew up in Minnesota. I met him at BYU before coming here which is kinda cool. As you may have heard, I've become the District Leader of a district of 6 Elders and 2 Sisters. There are 8 districts in my zone. My district gets along well...maybe a little too well. haha...just kidding. But sometimes class time or study time can be a little distracting as people are singing and stuff. haha. The food here isn't bad! It's better than the Cannon Center (cafeteria on BYU campus) food which is nice...but it's still kinda the same. Today we went to the Temple and ate in the temple cafeteria which was really good! Temple food is way better than the other food we get here at the MTC. Abbey and Spencer should go eat there for breakfast some time!
Thanks for the cookies Christy!! You're the best! Well, you are all the best!
I got here on Wednesday, and on Friday we taught our first investigator in Russian...which is nuts. We pretty much read off of the script we made, but it was still a little nerve-racking. We've met with him (Ruslan) 3 times since then and the meetings have gone consistently better and better. Word on the street is that he will become our teacher at the end of this week. On Thursday night, I got set apart by someone in the MTC presidency...it was a really cool blessing and the things promised were what I needed to hear. It's hasn't been too rough getting up at 6:30 every day...today we woke up at 6 so that we could go do our laundry in the morning. :) We did this planning on taking a nap later...but there's so much to do even on P-day that I don't want to take a nap!
If you all use the Dear Elder website to write me, (see side bar for instructions) that would be great!! cause it's free and I get the letters the day of (if you send them before noon Mountain Standard Time) and don't have to use my email time to read them when I could be writing back to you. I love you all and miss you. I know this is where I need to be and I know that Russia is where I need to be headed. It's kinda fun sometimes running into German-speaking Elders who are in their last few weeks here and I get to speak with them a little bit. It's amazing how much they learned in just 6 weeks! Hopefully I can learn that much in Russian too!
Word on the street is that we get to go to Helsinki, Finland to renew our visas/go to the temple! And while we're there, we get to go around with the Finnish missionaries as well...this'll be fun! :)
Another thing that's great about the MTC is that the devotionals here can be as straight forward as they can possiblty make them. We watched a re-broadcast of an Elder Bednar (one of the living Twelve Apostles) Christmas MTC devotional...it was intense...there are certain things they don't say at General Conference (a meeting of the church broadcast from Salt Lake City to the entire world twice a year)...because it's GENERAL. Whereas at the MTC, they can say whatever they need to say because they know that we're committed already! It's pretty great.
I love and miss you all! Keep sending me letters! :)
I like getting mail and if I get a real letter from you I promise to write you back! :)
That means Christy and Dad already have one coming!
Lots of love!
Elder Moore

oh... and someone should print off the big family print from the vacation and send it to me! :) you're all the best! but whoever gets it to me wins and gets a prize! :D

Whoever gets it to me first that is...and the prize will be pretty great. So you should all be on your way to the post office by the time you finish reading this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment