Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cтapeйшинa Mюp

Эй (hey!)
 
So since our weeks have exactly the same schedule every week, there's nothing too much different from last week, and nobody really asked any questions this week so this email/post might not be too long!
 
So highlights of this week?!
We got to pick our Russian Names for our Russian name tags!! Which means, that the teacher from Ukraine who speaks Russian came in and gave us different options of how our name would/could be spelled. I had 3 options.
1.Моp
2.Мур
3.Мюр
All of these are pronounced pretty much the same. The first, Mop, is kind of taboo for the Russians in my Mission. It is the name of a war where a lot of people died, so it has come to be an alternate meaning for death. So having the choice between the second two and being an 18-year-old kid, I take the one that looks the coolest on the tag. So my tag will read Cтapeйшинa Mюp(Sta-ray-she-na Myoore). There are ups and downs to having to learn a new alphabet. Some of the ups, your name tag gets to look really sweet, It boosts your confidence when you can read it. Some of the downs, you read like a first grader again, learning the language goes a little slower than it otherwise would.
 
So that's about all that's happening around these parts! Back home, I've got my exchange student from Indonesia, Lubiana, who is on her last day in Ironwood, :( I hope you have a fun time at Grand Rapids and that you have a safe trip back to Indonesia. It was a lot of fun having you here and doing stuff with you! To Christy, good job learning how to drive! Now go do something useful like learn more Spanish! Have a good last summer here and have lots of fun in Chile this next year. To Carolin Schreck and your family, thank you so much for having me at your house a couple months ago; we're all excited for you to come and visit, but I'm sad that I can't be there. Have fun in the USA! To Vitoria, It's been a while since you've been "home"! I'm glad you finally got your visas approved! Have fun in the States and take a lot of pictures!
 
I've got just about 4 weeks left here at the MTC. We should be getting our travel plans within the next 2 or 3 weeks. As of today, my district is the oldest district in the Zone. Then we'll actually get to Russia where we'll be the new kids again. Someone asked my what my favorite thing to do here is, and I'd have to say that apart from studying Russian, I like playing sand volleyball during gym time. It's nice to be able to get out of our dress clothes and move around after 12 hours of being stuck in the classroom.  Maybe one of these weeks I'll get some pictures of it sent out to you.
 
I ran into Elder Clint Gingrich a few times this week, a friend from BYU this last year, we were roommates winter semester. I see a lot of other missionaries from my student wards all the time. It's almost like we all moved from the Dorms, took our stuff 2 miles down the road and moved into the MTC.
 
Being here for 9 weeks does stuff to you. There are a number of computer labs at the MTC, and we've figured out which ones are good for typing the emails, which ones are best for sending pictures, and which ones are best for printing off emails. Lots of little things that you only learn after a few weeks!
 
I think that's about it! Nothing too exciting. Hopefully these emails will be more interesting when I get to Siberia!
 
Love and miss you all!
 


Cтapeйшинa Mюp

No comments:

Post a Comment