Monday, January 13, 2014

Last Week of the Transfer Coming Up

Well this has been a pretty full transfer so far!

I don't really know what has happened this last week. It has flown by. The Zone Leaders were here again to do Zone Training. We were introduced to the mission's new goal of increasing the number of priesthood holders in order to build a Stake here. We want to build the Stake by the 1st of June. It is a very exciting time to be a missionary here. 

My 6 month visa trip is coming up on the 21st. Transfers are on the 22nd. We will find out transfers some time this week, and if I'm being transferred out of Tomsk, I will have to take all my things to Novosibirsk, go on visa trip to Finland, come back to get my new companion, go to a new city and get back to work. I haven't even a guess as to what will happen with me. I know I will at least be getting a new companion! 

I think it's time to face the fact that I'm no longer new to the mission... Even though I sometimes feel that way. I'm 1/3 of the way. Coming up on 6 months in Russia, and 8 months total. I speak Russian now. I'm not really sure when that happened. I can do what I want and need to do. If not, charades are always fun right?! It dawned on my how long I have been in Tomsk, when I realized that I now know the city better than I do my hometown where I've spent the majority of the last 19 years of my life. 

Time on the mission is kinda weird! Some days seem long some short, same with the weeks, but when it comes to months, they go by really quickly. It's already halfway through January. When did that happen?! 

I don't really know what else to say so I'll just send you all the pictures from this past week! 

Some fun things in the pictures. When it's really cold out, you can freeze coins to the inside of the bus windows. You can also freeze coins to the ice sculptures. They are plastered now. The smallest change here that they use is 10 kopeks. There are 100 kopeks in a Ruble, and 33 Rubles in a dollar. So it's pretty much a 300th of a dollar. They have 5 kopek coins that you can find once in a while, and then there are 1 kopek coins which are hard to come by. We may or may not have found a couple 1 kopek coins on the ice sculptures and taken them off... hey! we put 10 kopeks in their spot! So now I've got a coin that's worth about 3 thousandths of a dollar. :) Yep, I'm still me.

I got a PACKAGE this week from the SCHRECKS! Carolin and her family sent me a package! :) The Zone Leaders brought it when they came to Tomsk. It was full of delicious German treats. 

Also! one of our investigators is on track for baptism on Saturday. So we're praying for that as well.

That's about it for this week. Here's some graffiti (I guess it's called a wind monster?), and me with my companions on a bus. 

Lots of love! 

Elder Moore






No comments:

Post a Comment